PinWin Released for Download
The new desktop tool PinWin has been released on Sourceforge just recently. PinWin is a lightweight system tray utility that allows you to pin any window to be always on top of the screen by one click. You can choose the window to pin from a list in the system tray menu or by directly selecting it from screen. With its minimal setup, PinWin can run quietly in background until you need it.
Some reviews made directly after release:
"A handy utility for anyone working with multiple files and apps"
"PinWin is an easy recommendation"
- Binary download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pinwin/files/v.0.1/
- Code of first release: https://github.com/Bluegrams/PinWin/tree/v.0.1
Version 0.3 (2019-07)
A new version of Screen Ruler (v.0.3) has been released today and is now available for download on Sourceforge.
Version 0.3 introduces a few useful new features, of which some are based on user feedback. First, you can now use Screen Ruler to measure the size of windows on the screen automatically. Just press 'Z' or the corresponding context menu item and use the cursor to select one window to measure. Second, the option to measure lengths relative to the width or height of the screen is added by providing a new measuring unit 'Percent'. Additionally, there are some smaller changes. In detail, all changes of this version are:
- New: Select a window from screen to measure it automatically.
- New: Measuring unit: percentage of screen width/ height.
- New: Fast resizing with mouse wheel.
- Changed: Switched shortcuts for resizing and moving (!).
- Fixed: Unclear menu label.
- Binary download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/screenruler/files/v.0.3/
- Code of new version: https://github.com/Bluegrams/ScreenRuler/tree/v.0.3
Colora now is also available from the Chocolatey package manager for Windows (https://chocolatey.org).
To install Colora with Chocolatey, simply type:
choco install colora
Screen Ruler is now also available through the Chocolatey package manager for Windows (https://chocolatey.org/).
To install it from there, simply type:
choco install screenruler
Version 0.2 mainly adds some minor features improving the usability. It also fixes a few bugs. The changes in detail are:
- New: Change shortcut for picking colors.
- New: More configurable UI: Show/ Hide icon bar and color history.
- New: Delete single colors from history.
- New/Fixed: Set color from CMYK, fixed bug with CMYK.
- Fixed: App crashes with negative screen coordinates.
Feeds: https://sourceforge.net/p/screenruler/news/feed.rss, https://sourceforge.net/p/colora/news/feed.rss, https://sourceforge.net/p/pinwin/news/feed.rss